Tuesday, September 4

Top 5 Beyonce Records - Happy Birthday Bey!



It's her 31st Birthday and she is my god. Seriously, I worship her. Without a doubt, any tricky situation I get myself into I ask myself "what would Beyonce do?" and then channel her. I couldn't possibly just choose one of her songs for today so I chose 5 performances instead!





Here's my top 5 Beyonce Performances of all time:


5. I Was Here at The Roseland Ballroom, NYC 2011 - One of my favourite songs, and this video has a really awesome montage of all the amazing things she's done in her life. Love it.





4. Halo (Acoustic) at the NUH Hospital for Leukaemia patients in Singapore. Effortless.





3. Bootylicious on the Rosie O'Donnell Show, 2001 - I couldn't not include some Destiny's Child in here! The first time I saw Beyonce live was just before this (I actually saw the band when there was 4 of them and there was all the LaTavia/LaToya weirdness...) and I fell in love immediately. I love this performance in particular because I think it looks like we could have plucked it right out of the 70s! I also love this song as there can never be enough celebrating of the big behinds of the world.





2. Love On Top at the 2011 MTV Video Music Awards - Not only absolutely note perfect but it was the performance that annouced little baby Blue to the world! So cute. (I almost tear up everytime I watch Jay-Z looking all proud :D) And man does she KILL those key changes.





1. 1+1 at Glastonbury 2011 - I know it's another Glastonbury video but it's just too good. This is probably my favourite Beyonce song, mainly because it's so personal whilst also being universal. This video just shows how she gives 110% of herself every single time. If you haven't already watched the full Glastonbury set I HIGHLY suggest you get on it here. It's unbelievable.


Picture found here and videos found here

No comments:

Post a Comment